• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Proposal to wipe out most depression/anxiety over-night

Tone303

Greenlighter
For 60 years, the modern psychiatry system has struggled to treat depression and anxiety, without admitting its a general failure.

My recommendation for a solution is to start by simply end Opio-phobia and putting 3 drugs over the counter for the population, and to always have them massively and cheaply available until genetic engineering or brain altering technology can replace them.

I propose these 3 should be Opioids, AMPA Antagonist Tezampanel and Tianeptine. These three should significantly lower problems in the population. Even stimulant abusers will get benefit from these three without their being a stimulant. These three together are a synergistic combo i propose to focus on. Let them be $12.50 a bottle of each in every store in world.

If this thread is not listened to, there will continue to be SSRIs, antipsychotics, no effect on depression & anxiety and a continued solid increase in depression and anxiety as there has been during psychiatry. I estimate the odds of this thread making an impact on society to be the same as winning mega millions lotto twice in a row.

Thank You.

It's a nice idea Tone, and I agree that in certain patients it would be much more appropriate to use such medications instead of SSRIs, MAOIs, and other psychiatric meds.

But one thing that we must always keep in mind when discussing psychiatric medications is that there is never going to be one single blanket solution for all patients across the board. Every individual reacts differently to medications, and indeed some people respond beautifully to SSRIs and other anti-depressants. That being said, a lot of people don't react very well to them. It's highly variable.

I estimate the odds of this thread making an impact on society to be the same as winning mega millions lotto twice in a row.

Unfortunately I think you're right about this. I hate to say it but you're kinda barking up the wrong tree posting this in a forum where the majority are likely to agree with you already, and not be in any position to do anything about changing current legislation.

Perhaps a well-written letter to your country's head pharmaceutical body or some such organisation would be more effective?

Mood elevator =/= antidepressant. Most cases of depression are better treated psychologically than pharmacologically, but that takes time and effort both on the part of the patient and the psychologist, and who wants that? Just gimme a pill, right?

More practically, we could eliminate the problem by destroying technology and reverting back to pre-Industrial society. Then, people would be too busy trying to survive to suffer from depression, anxiety, etc...

I'd say this plan is more likely than yours.

Every individual reacts differently to medications, and indeed some people respond beautifully to SSRIs and other anti-depressants. That being said, a lot of people don't react very well to them. It's highly variable.

This might sound harsh but i dont know what else to say because it rings true....

Those people who respond are psychologic cases and..

secondly, their also the same style personality who says things like ginseng works for energy and homeopathy. They are the same psycho-somatic people who if you gave them a pill filled with corn starch and lied about whats in it and made up marketing pitch, they would then take it and say "this is awesome it balances the energy fields of my body"

those are the psycho-somatic folks who dont have a solid perception of actual states of consciousness. Because if you give SSRIs to people complaining of heavy dysphoria and a dysphoric feeling in the head area who arent even working a job, 100% of the time those people well tell you its garbage.

thats why there's a mysterious variation in response to antidepressants and why SSRIs arent sought after on the street, and why they say theres a paradox that tianeptine and SSRIs have similar results - because there actually is no mystery or paradox and theres two kinds of people, not two kinds of responses.

there is a rational reason for everything. there is a reason why caffeine causes stimulation in 100% of all people and anesthetics causes 100% of all people to lose consciousness and yet SSRIs dont have an impact on 100% of all depression. its that psycho-somatic factor and psychologic disorders VS actual brain-limbic system based depression.

Before rational reasons, people think things are mysterious and paradoxes, like Tianeptine VS SSRI studies. In order to get a real comparison youd have to have the same subject group take two meds one after the other.

Youll notice the people who say SSRI works are always the semi-multiple personality types who still experience mania in the first place and still functioned in the first place, yet have psychological issues and moodiness, rather than constant intense dysfuctioning inducing dysphoria. This pattern is easy to see

Sorry for the direct controversial post. The current paradigm will only lead to a continued increase in mental illness where psychiatry then ignores this increase and says its treating and making progress, plus ignore entire mechanisms of action and entire brain pathways, pretending they are magically 100% immune to dysfunction and only serotonin pathways malfunction,

Its nice that David Pearce registered all those drug domain names and wrote truth on them,

Mood elevator =/= antidepressant. Most cases of depression are better treated psychologically than pharmacologically, but that takes time and effort both on the part of the patient and the psychologist, and who wants that? Just gimme a pill, right?

If you ever experienced dysphoria, youll know Depression is utterly and completely non-psychological, non-emotional and is as physical as parkinsonism shakes and immobility or schizophrenic hallucinations. like i said in previous posts the other kind of depression, the psychological kind, has suggestable people being programmed to say SSRIs work.

hey Tone when I read your post the only thing I could think of is a classic Hemingway quote:

"You ever been crazy?"

"No"

"Well, you got a lot coming to you"

you got a lot coming to you :)

If you ever experienced dysphoria, youll know Depression is utterly and completely non-psychological, non-emotional and is as physical as parkinsonism shakes and immobility or schizophrenic hallucinations. like i said in previous posts the other kind of depression, the psychological kind, has suggestable people being programmed to say SSRIs work.

Tone, I appreciate and respect that you have a very strong opinion, most likely from your own personal experiences with depression. But it is not wise to come in here with all guns blazing, insinuating that certain people don't know what it's like to be depressed. You don't know anything about anyone's personal life or what they've been through in regards to mental illness, so you cannot make judgements on that, okay? You need to also understand that your opinions are not the only correct opinions to have. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and experiences.

We promote and encourage fair and productive discussion here on Bluelight, and shutting everyone else's comments down is very frowned upon. Please just simmer down a little and respect other people's views, okay?

Thanks.

Um, actually, I've suffered from severe depression and anxiety for most of my life, have tried both pharmaceutical and psychological treatment, and only found relief using the latter. This is not an uncommon result. I've found many other references with similar results. Opioids elevate mood, so they'll have even less broad spectrum utility than antidepressants, and have the lovely side effect of physical dependence, and the added risk of triggering hypomania in those who are prone to it.

n3o stated my thoughts in a more political manner than I would. Don't assume that anyone's experiences are the same as yours. I've had to work very hard (and continue to do so) to exorcise those demons, and I don't appreciate having my pain belittled. Enjoy your thread.

Um, actually, I've suffered from severe depression and anxiety for most of my life, have tried both pharmaceutical and psychological treatment, and only found relief using the latter. This is not an uncommon result. I've found many other references with similar results. Opioids elevate mood, so they'll have even less broad spectrum utility than antidepressants, and have the lovely side effect of physical dependence, and the added risk of triggering hypomania in those who are prone to it.

n3o stated my thoughts in a more political manner than I would. Don't assume that anyone's experiences are the same as yours. I've had to work very hard (and continue to do so) to exorcise those demons, and I don't appreciate having my pain belittled. Enjoy your thread.

Ok this is a TRUE or FALSE question, are you ready for this?? True or False, you were able to work jobs, and go to school even before your psychological treatment, and did NOT have a zero job history and were utterly destroyed

TRUE or FALSE

(he'll answer true if he answers)

Dysphoria is a torturous feeling thats felt 24/7 in the head area since birth, and talking to it doesnt lower it, nor does SSRIs, dave does NOT experience dysphoria, he experiences some other form of psychological cognitive problem. the Dysphoric feeling in the head area doesnt respond at all to these things, and is like the polar opposite of a pleasure buzz, its Intense suffering in the head area since birth.

Tone, I appreciate and respect that you have a very strong opinion, most likely from your own personal experiences with depression. But it is not wise to come in here with all guns blazing, insinuating that certain people don't know what it's like to be depressed. You don't know anything about anyone's personal life or what they've been through in regards to mental illness, so you cannot make judgements on that, okay? You need to also understand that your opinions are not the only correct opinions to have. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and experiences.

We promote and encourage fair and productive discussion here on Bluelight, and shutting everyone else's comments down is very frowned upon. Please just simmer down a little and respect other people's views, okay?

Thanks.

People pretend that facts are opinions: If we continue SSRIs and others then the results will be no relief of intense torture, no results, 0 on a scale of 0 to 10. Intense Dysphoric Torture will not be reduced at all. as SSRIs 100% of the time have no effect on a dysphoric depressive.

ill explain this once more with an example. Lets say you have 150 people with depression who never held a job, got Fs in regular school, was not able to go to a single higher education class, and complains all of the time of dysphoria. If you give those 150 individuals an SSRI, all 150 will then report there's no aid, and will continue to live in severe dysfunction and torture with no difference in activity nor subjective report of state.

Simply accept that only those who still have pleasure states, energy, jobs, functioning are the ones who then go ahead and say something along the lines of "Uh yea, i guess its workin a bit, things are goin well, got a new class starting" to the doctor. Also those who have temporary depressions rather than from age 0 with never any other feeling. thats the difference and confusion.

100% of message boards are chaos, no matter what the message board's topic is, anti-truth will then be posted at that board. There are no exceptions.

notice that not one depressive person mentions the dysphoric feeling in the head area since birth. because they dont have that kind of "depression"

The ancient KaliYuga "DarkAge" myth got lucky and predicted all this. It predicted there would be total disinfo and chaos, with everything twisted to the exact polar opposite of truth, and all communities, mainstream and alternative corrupt and saturated with confusion and chaos. This is simply the Kali Yuga in action. If any truth is posted on any board the same thing will happen, 100% of the time. Its simply Kali Yuga Chaos. Theres nothing more that needs to be said.

This statement will be dismissed and lumped in together with eccentric opinions that really are crazy, and nothing will change. Suffering will just continue with people supporting it saying its good.

Instead of disinfo + zero progress, all suffering must be cured and ended

Last edited:

Here's my thought to this post:

took freshman psych but forgot to take freshman philosophy of mind! Maybe next semester, Toned 8)

Here's my thought to this post:

took freshman psych but forgot to take freshman philosophy of mind! Maybe next semester, Toned 8)

so this is a typical chaotic disinfo response thats found on 100% of message boards.

What this user is attempting to do is link a FACT i stated as being a philosophical opinion rather than a fact. Done so by making this sarcastic reply. So this is classic dark misinfo done on all boards.

Heres an analogy: It would be like if i said chronic pain from a popped spinal disc doesnt respond to talk-therapy and is pain messages from the brain not an emotion, he would reply and pretend that is a philosophy instead of a fact, to muddy things, so that people can then lie and say a popped disc isnt pain messages to the brain. Then pretend this is like a game of different opinions that everyone respects. This is a strong disinfo tactic.

So, hes playing pretend games trying to link a statement to being a philosophy in order to downplay the statement and invoke confusion. typical tactic done on all message boards in all topics (what a coincidence)

The Goal of this is to Link together things that are a matter of fact with things that are a matter of taste and opinion, as if they are the same. This way they can then insert lies and pretend its everyones opinion and theres a discussion going on and its all civil and good. Thats fine for ACTUAL opinions, not facts.

Last edited:
Moderator PMing me with evil garbage:

Its the other user whos disrupting the flow, so you are doing the polar opposite of what is truth and are wrong and evil. As i said, everything is done as opposite world. Users do disinfo, then the disinfo is pointed out, then moderators issue warnings in PMs, because everything is backwards, like opposite world, and saturated with darkness instead of good and ethical.

Im being forced out of here because its good to pretend facts are opinions, and "anti-social" if you expose this derailing tactic. voluntarily leaving the board for good after PMs with a moderator. bye. Last Post here.

Remember who posted a sarcastic remark about philosophy class with a rolling eyes back in head icon and use your head. clearly its not a philosophy that dysphoria and psychological problems both exist. But if i show this its then wrong. See, boards are fraud.

Tone alot of your posts are full of shit.

Are you saying that SSRI's cause no change in brain functioning? If the only people that respond to SSRIs are the ones easily manipulated into THINKING it works.. why does it take a few weeks to start working? Wouldn't the first one make them THINK it works?

Also.. you're being a bit of wanker by coming on here and assuming your depression is worse than everyone elses. Some people may get on with life and keep up a job while being severely depressed.. it doesn't mean they're any less depressed than you.

And your idea is a short sighted one. Being addicted to opiates is not gonna help people suffering with depression in the long run.. Add that to the amount of people that would simply OD on them causing grief in a ripple like affect through their loved ones.. Yay.

Im being forced out of here because its good to pretend facts are opinions, and "anti-social" if you expose this derailing tactic. voluntarily leaving the board for good after PMs with a moderator. bye. Last Post here.

Remember who posted a sarcastic remark about philosophy class with a rolling eyes back in head icon and use your head. clearly its not a philosophy that dysphoria and psychological problems both exist. But if i show this its then wrong. See, boards are fraud.

I posted the comment about philosophy of mind because you are obviously very ignorant of the mind body problem and the very sophisticated and sexy attempts at solutions toward the problem.

but carry on sir! You are surely amusing to watch.

All medication as a "solution" for depression and anxiety is, at best, a temporary solution, or at worst, life destroying and the complete opposite of what the person needs (perfect nutrition for their body type, working out their own emotions whether through therapy or on their own, etc).

^ he doesnt want to help people. He wants to fantasize about people being controlled and manipulated. He is a sick young man I think is safe to say.

please close this thread so no more time is wasted.

Thanks.

Just a linguistical side note..In American English, "okay" is almost always interpreted as condescending. Especially when mixed with a lot of text. I'm not sure where Tone is from, but it may be a good idea to Americanize your post. My best translation would be something like this:

"Be nice!"